Samara Quintero, LMFT, CHT
Hi! I am Samara Quintero, a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Certified Heart Centered Hypnotherapist and owner of Conscious Transformations, LLC.
My mission behind creating this practice has been to help others transform their lives and begin living fully and authentically. Throughout my years in practice, one of the most common problems that people express, is the conscious desire to want to change but feeling blocked or “stuck” in some way from getting to that place. I am here to serve as a guide, as we work together to overcome these hurdles so you can experience true freedom in your day-to-day life.
With the belief that every individual is unique, I offer a holistic and individualized approach for each one of my clients to ensure they reach the healing and personal growth they are seeking. I utilize a variety of different interventions and modalities including hypnotherapy, guided visualizations, and specialized trauma interventions that are tailored towards your specific needs. Developing mindfulness and increasing awareness in the present moment often leads to a deeper connection with self and trust that you have the internal guidance to create the life that you desire.
I attained my bachelor’s degree in Psychology with a minor in Criminal Justice, and later relocated to Fort Lauderdale in order to continue pursuing my education at Nova Southeastern University. I was awarded my master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy and am a licensed therapist in the state of Florida, MT 3265. While working in different clinical settings, I developed a special interest in trauma treatment. This interest led me to attain additional trainings and certifications to better serve my clients. In addition to my degree, I have earned certifications with the International Association of Trauma Professionals (IATP), trained in Trauma Incident Reduction Therapy, and attained my Certification as a Heart Centered Hypnotherapist with the Wellness Institute in Issaquah, Washington.
In addition to my private practice, I have worked in a variety of settings with various populations including:
- Substance Abuse rehabilitation with adults recovering from a variety of addiction issues
- Intensive Outpatient Programs serving individuals with co-occurring disorders
- In Home Therapy facilitating individual and family sessions to families with mental health and interpersonal issues
- Court ordered outpatient group and individual therapy including facilitating the Batterer’s Intervention Program, Anger Management Program, and Substance Abuse treatment
- Coordinating and facilitating Trauma Intensive programs in residential treatment programs
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, State of Florida (License MT 3265)
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP), International Association of Trauma Professionals
- Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist, The Wellness Institute, Issaquah, WA