Kristina Fecik, LMFT
Relationships Within Reach is a marriage and family therapy practice that was developed with the idea that each person’s desires within a relationship are possible to obtain.
Based on my experience in doing therapy with individuals, couples and families, I believe that obstacles can be overcome; goals can be achieved; and situations that appear hopeless, can improve.
In therapy, I provide a safe, supportive and nonjudgmental environment where problems can be discussed. I seek to understand my clients' concerns, in order to help them identify and make the adjustments necessary for them to achieve their individual, relationship and family goals.
Are you searching for happiness within yourself, your relationship, your job or career? Do you feel stagnant? Is there something missing in your life? Where do you want to be in your life and what is getting in the way of you reaching your goals?
By exploring your vision of where you want to be with yourself (more confident, less depressed, more social, less anxious, living a healthier lifestyle), and establishing a set of goals, the relationship you want with whatever you are having a problem with, can be within your reach.
By exploring feelings and obstacles, focusing on future hopes and dreams, and building upon your existing strengths, I can be supportive in helping you get there.
I have a Master's Degree from Nova Southeastern University's School of Humanities and Social Sciences and I am currently a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, MT 2854, in the state of Florida. In addition to my private practice, I have worked in a variety of settings with various populations including:
- Drug rehabilitation with adults recovering from substance dependence.
- In-home therapy with children, families and couples exposed to domestic violence, child abuse and/or neglect through the Department of Children and Families; the goal being to improve communication and living circumstances so to ensure the safety of the children and preserve the family unit.
- The public school system assisting teens, children and families with school issues such test anxiety, feeling overwhelmed by school pressures, adjusting to divorce or separation in the family, grief or loss, behavioral issues, self esteem and bullying.
- In an intensive outpatient hospital providing clinical services for patients diagnosed with various psychiatric disorders such as Bipolar Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disporder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder/ Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Schizophrenia
- In a nursing home setting providing services for the elderly.
Kristina Fecik is a member of the Association of Marriage and Family Therapy.
She is licensed in Florida.