Professional. Collaborative. Current.
Hi! We're Jamie and Justin, a husband and wife team and founders of The Psychology Group Fort Lauderdale, LLC! Jamie is a licensed clinical psychologist and Justin is a digital marketing expert. Founded in 2018, The Psychology Group (TPG) is a concierge psychology private practice specializing in highly attentive, personalized therapy for our clients. TPG is a prominent resource for its next-level psychotherapy, first-class milieu, and its in-house marketing division, which catapults brand recognition and community outreach.
Jamie worked in several agencies and a couple of different group practices over the course of her career. TPG was built with those past experiences in mind by incorporating the aspects she liked and leaving the rest.
We are seeking top-tier candidates who are poised to meet the high caliber of professionalism our clientele is accustomed to find within our practice. Our selection initiative will be in full force for the next several months as we onboard approximately four new team members.
Thank you for applying at TPG and, if we see a potential fit, we'll reach out to you soon!
Current Openings (2)
Are you a licensed psychologist who is tired of being overworked, undervalued, and underpaid? Are you interested in the work-life balance of a private practice lifestyle but don't want the insecurity of self-employment or the stress of learning and executing marketing strategies?
Then we have an amazing opportunity for you!
We're looking for talented psychologists to join our team of dedicated professionals. Life at The Psychology Group Fort Lauderdale will be vastly different from any agency or group practice to which you may be accustomed. We offer a generous salary with realistic work expectations. Our concierge, self-pay business model ables us to slow the hustle of the workday, remain energized and spend more time with our clients. That’s important because we practice what we preach and hold deep respect for a balanced and healthy lifestyle. Also, we can bypass health insurance restrictions and offer individualized services that exceed clients' expectations. The offices are furnished with new, high-end furniture with floor-to-ceiling windows (no more working in a fluorescent-lit cell). The team is friendly, collaborative and experts in their fields. Our concierge therapy approach benefits both our clients and our clinicians' mental well-being.
Who are we?
We’re professional, generous, and mission-driven. We're dedicated to the field of psychology, the practice, the community, our clients, and each other. Being a part of this boutique practice will provide you with meaningful, rewarding work—elevating your career and professional growth.
At The Psychology Group, we’re especially intentional about our business model. Concierge, personalized service for our patients is the hallmark of our boutique practice. As a team member, you'll be empowered to continue learning and growing through mentorship and trainings, along with a collaborative company culture.
Who are you?
Talented, collegial, detail-oriented. You are a true professional, always striving to be your best, and helping others be their best. You’re driven, savvy, self-aware, and dedicated to your craft.
Motivated and passionate, our team members are connected to the ever-evolving science and art of psychology and consistently find ways to grow and innovate. Our team is committed to elevating the practice of psychology. If you identify with these values, then please review our available positions below!
(1 of 2) Licensed Psychologist—Full-Time (Salaried)
(2 of 2) Licensed Psychologist—Part-Time (Salaried)
(3 of 3) Licensed Psychologist - Per Diem
The Psychology Group Fort Lauderdale’s Company Culture
“People with a scarcity mentality tend to see everything in terms of win-lose. There is only so much; and if someone else has it, that means there will be less for me. The more principle-centered we become, the more we develop an abundance mentality, the more we are genuinely happy for the successes, well-being, achievements, recognition, and good fortune of other people. We believe their success adds to…rather than detracts from…our lives.”
Stephen Covey, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
Abundance. We're committed to truly and completely operating from a perspective of abundance. This means that we believe there is enough business to go around and we can support each others’ growth without being preoccupied with how it could take away from individual success.
Collaboration. If you need a mentor, we've got you. If you have something to teach us, we're listening. We ask that you come to us with ideas, complaints, suggestions, or otherwise.
Support. We contribute to each others' professional and personal growth and support one another in building the career of our dreams!
How we think about our team members is simple. They're family.
I'll never forget one of the most impactful (and not positive) moments of my career. I was working for a large mental health agency and after a long, stressful day of busting my butt, — actually after YEARS of stressful days busting my butt — I was told by an executive that every employee was replaceable.
I recall hearing a proverbial record scratch in my mind. "Replaceable? What?!"
After I resumed the typical hectic day of back-to-back therapy in a fluorescent-lit cell with old, uncomfortable, dingy furniture, I made myself a little promise. I assured myself that if I ever got out of this dead-end job, I would create something so much better. Not only for myself, but for anyone who worked alongside me.
Today, my mission is to do just that. I'm committed to being the leader that I wish I had. My like-minded business partner (and husband) and I emphatically believe that people are incredibly valuable. We do not view employees as dispensable.
We believe that everyone wants to succeed and be engaged in meaningful, purposeful work in a place that’s collaborative, fun, and familial. We're driven to inspire a team of people with our vision and we want them to know that this vision is only achievable because of them.
Our business and the folks within it are consistently evolving and growing. Therefore, we hire to compliment our strengths and counter our weaknesses. The result is a more diverse and stronger team.
We choose to work with people that we want to see every day. We will give our employees everything they need to be successful with or without us. And we'll treat them so well that, hopefully, they will never consider leaving us.
Our mission is to change the way people think about mental healthcare. Both the consumers and its providers.
What makes The Psychology Group an awesome place to work:
- Newly renovated professional building in a safe, convenient location just a half-mile from the Atlantic Ocean on Oakland Park Boulevard. Walk to lunch or for a quick Target/Starbucks run
- Our suite is a 5th floor corner unit with beautiful views of Ft. Lauderdale
- EVERY office has floor-to-ceiling windows
- Sound-proof interior walls for quiet and privacy. Doing a meditation exercise with your client? Don’t worry, you won’t hear the party going on next door
- Fiber-wired, high-speed internet. It’s fast!
- Kitchenette and break room equipped with sink, coffee maker, microwave, toaster oven and fridge. We're stocked with healthy snacks for in-between session fuel and premium beverages for your clients
- Gorgeous, high-quality decor. Brand new, modern furnishings. And we’ll quickly replace anything broken or worn
- Regular meetings to help you learn the ins and outs of business development
- In-house digital marketer. We have WebbyUp, Inc.—a digital marketing company—within our walls.
- Generous, abundance-focused company culture
- Free access to electronic health records (EHR)
“It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.”John Wooden
Are We a Good Fit?
True or False:
- I believe practitioners in private practice should be adequately compensated for their work
- I value work/life balance
- My ideal clientele age group is adults and older adolescents
- I do my best work with high-functioning clients who are committed to therapy & personal growth
- I enjoy collaborating and socializing with my colleagues
- I believe in abundance and therefore have a collaborative rather than competitive mindset with my colleagues
- I am driven to work hard to generate referrals, be active in the community, and embrace both traditional and digital marketing methods
- I value time and punctuality. I've hardly ever been late to appointments and it's easy for me to end my appointments on time
- I have a can-do attitude
- I am humble and hungry
- Attention-to-detail is one of my strengths
- I hold myself to the highest standards of professional and ethical practice
- I'm committed to principles of cultural humility, inclusion, equity, anti-racism, and anti-oppression
- I'm committed to continued personal and professional growth (examples: reading books and articles, listening to professional podcasts, and attending continuing education courses on a regular basis)
If you answered true to the points above, you could be an excellent fit in our private practice.
The Psychology Group's Manifesto
WE BELIEVE people can accept themselves as they are and also change.
WE BELIEVE therapy is part of a healthy lifestyle.
WE BELIEVE everyone has the power to manifest dreams.
WE BELIEVE relationships make the world go 'round.
WE BELIEVE in choosing kindness every day.
WE BELIEVE laughter is contagious.
WE BELIEVE a smile costs nothing.
WE BELIEVE in abundance.
WE BELIEVE self-love is power.
WE BELIEVE vulnerability is strength.
WE BELIEVE in daydream believers.
WE BELIEVE time isn't found, it's made.
WE BELIEVE in work/life balance.
WE BELIEVE in health at every size.
WE BELIEVE in progress, not perfection.
WE BELIEVE love is both hard work and completely worth it.
WE BELIEVE true love is a choice.
WE BELIEVE love is love. 🏳️🌈
WE BELIEVE in true equality for all humans regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, disability, body size, national origin, religion, and age.
WE BELIEVE a life worth living is built through personal effort, active participation, and liberation.
Above all, WE BELIEVE it's an honor to work with you. You're safe here.
Want to apply?
Fill out the form and and send the documents to apply.
Or apply through email: firstname.lastname@example.org